Are you protected when you rent or borrow an aircraft?

The answer is probably NO!

Most aircraft insurance policies are designed to protect the owner of the aircraft. Flight school policies are generally designed to protect the flight school. Even if the policy lists you as a pilot, the insurance company could pay a claim for the owner and then sue you to recover their losses.

Click here for your instant quote. You can bind and pay online today!

  • Non Owned Coverage is available for Single Engine, Multi Engine and Rotor Wing Aircraft.
  • We can insure aircraft having a standard airworthiness certificate, experimental aircraft and light sport aircraft.
  • Non Owned policy holders have access to discounts such as Claims Free Discounts, Wings Discounts, Master CFI Discounts and SAFE Discounts.

What you Need

Pilots flying an aircraft they do not own should carry Aircraft Liability Insurance, Aircraft Physical Damage and Medical Payments Coverage.

Aircraft Liability Insurance protects you against claims arising from Bodily Injury (BI) and Property Damage (PD). When your passenger is injured or you damage property not owned by you, your Liability Insurance will protect you on a per occurrence (OCC) basis.

Aircraft Physical Damage (PD), including loss of use for the owner, will cover damage to the aircraft caused by the insured. It is recommended the amount of Aircraft Physical Damage equal the cost of the most expensive aircraft you rent or borrow. You could be liable for the total amount of damage to the aircraft, not just the deductible. The insurance company will pay the flight school for the repair and could then subrogate against you, the pilot.

Medical Payments are included in the amount of $1,000 to cover payments for medical bills and funeral expenses of an occupant of the aircraft. Options up to $10,000 are available. In addition to Medical Payments, your Bodily Injury coverage will help protect you in the event of a claim.

Click here for your instant quote. You can bind and pay online today!

Customer Service & Claims

Whether you have a small or large claim, at Travers & Associates, we are here to help.

Click the link below to make a claim. If you do not see your specific request, please send us a message at Customer Service.

Online Forms

Our Company Video

Travers & Associates is proud to provide a wide range of aviation insurance products and services. We offer coverage ranging from aircraft liability insurance and aviation hull insurance designed to give you peace of mind to airplane renter insurance to cover an aircraft you may rent or borrow.

Watch Company Video